• RSS

14 February, 2013

Russian Blues


Меньше думай, больше чувствуй

Go here to listed to the latest album for free.

Oh man, Zemfira is perhaps my favorite female artist. She is definitely at the top of my list in terms of music, attitude, and soul-crushing. She defies Russian sexism and always seems to stick to her principles, despite mean-spirited pop culture comments about her lifestyle, sexuality, relationships, and identity.

Once, I found out that she performed in San Francisco, but I missed her concert and I'm still not over that. This year, she is going on tour in light of her recent album, but has not yet scheduled dates in St. Petersburg or Moscow. I am nearing that state of groupiedom wherein I search for bus tickets to her concerts in Tallin, Riga, Vilnius or Kiev.

She is a good artist to know. For me, she represents the Russia that I know exists, underneath all the layers of femininity propaganda and fights with the Western press and homophobic legislation. This Russia just wants some time and space to breathe and be herself.


0 comments:

Post a Comment